Saturday, April 13, 2013

Taking Suggestions

Yesterday was probably one of the best Friday nights I've had in awhile. Dan and I finally bit the bullet and decided to get cable (I convinced him to stay in our apartment another year which saves us anywhere from $200-$500 a month depending where we decided to move...so we splurged on $50 a month for cable). On Wednesday, Dan mentioned that if the weather was good he would be working late Thursday, Friday, AND Saturday this weekend so I decided he needed to get cable for me first since I had nothing else going on. So yesterday was the first Friday since college that I sat down and watched 3 straight hours of Friday Bride Day on TLC and it was amazing. Too bad the weather was crappy and Dan ended up being home and having to put up with it too....oh well. The only thing that might have made it better would be having Melissa sitting next to me and judging too.

I've gone back and forth over the past year with loving Say Yes to the Dress, Four Weddings, and etc...mainly depending how upset I am about the lack of engagement/delay in my life plan. I'm clearly in a good place right now, mainly because I'm about 90% certain there is a ring hiding somewhere in the 600 sq ft surrounding me as we speak.

Thankfully Dan and I are being good-natured about the pending engagement. His new favorite game is trying to get me to find the ring. The other night I fell asleep really early and when we were talking the next morning he commented "You know I was going to propose to you last night but you fell asleep too early". His coworkers are trying to convince him that the only way he'll be able to surprise me with an engagement is if he proposes while I'm in the bathroom. So, as a little bit of payback, I'd love to get my readers' opinions on the following:

1. Proposal suggestions for Dan that don't involve a toilet (they also need be better than him taking me flying for the first time on New Year's Eve to see the fireworks over the lakefront-he set the bar high for himself!

2. Suggestions as to where in my apartment the ring is (I'm not actively searching yet....but you never know when I'll get bored!)

3. Tips for Dan's conversation with my dad to ask his permission. He's (Dan) horrified at the prospect of this but he's got it pretty easy: my dad doesn't own a gun and hasn't shot one probably as long as I've been alive, Dan's taller than him and can definitely outrun him, and my dad will probably start crying so it can't be that bad, right? Although my dad will likely retell the story whenever the occasion arrives so that's a little scary!

Feel free to comment on here or find one of us on facebook to throw out your opinion :)

2 comments:

  1. 1) No idea, flying and fireworks is pretty hard to beat and the bathroom idea is a little out there.
    2) Check his flight bag. Pilot's keep important things to their heart in there, more than anyone would expect.
    3) Man up and just do it! The waiting game is killer for all of us.

    Have a great day Sarah! I love your posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Thanks for the support
    2) Not really using a flight bag anymore...but pretty certain its not in his backpack since he lets me go in there for stuff
    3) Agreed:) Thanks for the texts last night too!

    ReplyDelete